IS YOUR TEEN READY FOR A FLORIDA LEARNER'S PERMIT?
You may not be as ready for your teen to get behind the wheel as they think they are! The thrill of the open road is calling them, but the dangers are all you can think of. This is a normal reaction. You are a parent—keeping your child safe is what matters. That is why we have designed a course that offers the educational value that parents need and the convenience and interactive elements that teens love.
Topics Covered in the TLSAE Course
Our Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education course and Permit Exam are approved by the Florida DHSMV and designed with a safety-focused curriculum to ensure that all students are given the tools they need to be safe, confident drivers. As they study, students will learn about the following topics:
- Alcohol and Its Effects on the Body
- Impaired Driving
- Alcoholism and Its Cost
- Psychological Factors
- Collision Prevention
- Sharing the Road
- Safe Passing Techniques
- Hazardous Driving Conditions
- Safety Equipment
- Licensing and Financial Responsibility
- Signs, Signals and Markings
- Speed Limits
Why Choose Our Course?
We have years of experience educating first time drivers like your teen and include the following features for our students:
- Live Support Offered 24/7
- Safety-Focused Curriculum
- Images and Videos Increase Retention
- Unlimited, Immediate Access to Materials
- FREE Florida learners permit practice test
- Value Priced Course
- DHSMV Permit Exam Offered Online
Parents Can Help Young Drivers Too!
If you want to ensure your teen's safety on the road, there are many ways you can help. These five easy steps allow you to help your teen learn the lessons that may one day save their life:
- Brush up on the current Florida traffic laws. Don't rely on your driver training knowledge from years ago; laws change!
- Remember that you teen is watching while you drive. Lead by example and your teen will pick up on your good traits.
- Driving is dangerous—make sure your teen knows this. Discuss the driving-related stories on the news or point out safe driving ads. Help them understand the risks.
- Discuss rules for driving and display them somewhere prominent. Don't forget to include the consequences for breaking them!
- Create a parent-teen driving contract with your teen. Both of you should sign this and keep a copy. Take it seriously so your teen will.
The Florida DHSMV offers some great resources for young drivers and their parents. As you help your teen learn what it means to be a safe driver, there are a number of great resources to assist you in your efforts:
- Get an overview of Florida's Graduated Driving Laws
- Read the Florida Driver Handbook for review
- Use the Parent-Teen Driving Guide to help your teen
- Find out if You are Ready for your teen to drive
- Learn about Your Role in your teens driver education
- Read some tips for Supervising Your Teen while driving
- A guide for Setting Driving Rules for your family
- Discuss these Teen Driving Stats with your teen
Start The Florida Drug & Alcohol Permit Course Today!
If you are ready for your teen to get started, simply sign them up today for our Florida online drug & alcohol course. In just a few minutes they will be able to begin working towards their Florida learners permit right from home!