GET YOUR PERMIT AT AGE 15!
Getting your first Indiana Learner’s Permit is quick and easy – especially when you take our BMV-approved Driver Education course!
The ONLY way to get your learner’s permit at age 15 is to complete a BMV-approved driver ed course (such as ours).
Here’s all the steps you’ll need to take to get your first Indiana Learner’s Permit.
- Complete a Driver’s Education course approved by the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV). If you are at least 15 years old, you can enroll in our program, TeenDriverEducation.com. Our course satisfies the 30 classroom training hour requirements; all you need to do is complete all the chapters and pass the easy final examination.
- Enroll in a behind-the-wheel driver training program. In addition to our online teen drivers ed course, you will need to enroll in a driver training program in order to get a learner’s permit if you are under 16. These programs consist of 6 hours of behind-the-wheel training with a BMV licensed driver training school.
- Apply for your learner’s permit. Once you have enrolled in a driver training program, you can visit the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) to apply for your permit!
When you apply for your learner’s permit, you will need to take and pass a knowledge examination. Make sure to arrive at the branch at least one hour before the branch closes to take the exam. The exam covers Indiana traffic laws, basic safe driving techniques, traffic signs and traffic maneuvers.
Be sure to bring the following with you to the BMV office (you will also need to pass a standard vision test):
- Proof of enrollment in a driver training program.
- Identity documents:
- Proof of identity (ONE document)
- Proof of Social Security number (ONE document)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S. (ONE document)
- Proof of Indiana residency (TWO documents)
- Completed financial responsibility agreement signed by your parent or guardian.