Are you ready to get your license? Driving is an exciting opportunity that gives you a new kind of freedom. But, you want to make sure you’re safe on the road, which is why the State of Nevada requires you to complete the following steps in order to get that long-desired driver’s license.
Step One: Complete our state-approved driver education course
The State of Nevada requires all teens between the pages of 15 ½- and 18-years old to take a 30-hour driver education course in order to get a learner’s permit. Our course satisfies that state requirement and will help you become a safe, confident driver – on your own time! Don’t forget, our class can be completed 100% online.
Step Two: Take the permit test at your local DMV
After you complete your driver education course, it’s time to take your permit exam. But you don’t need to worry, our course will prepare for all questions you’ll see on there. Remember you need to get at least 80% to pass and you need to bring these materials with you:
- A completed Driver’s License, Driver Authorization Card, or Identification Card Application (Form DMV-002)
- Proof or your identity and Social Security Number
- $23.25 for the licensing fee and $26 for the testing fee
- Driver education course certificate of completion
Step Three: Complete your 50-hours of behind-the-wheel training
Nevada requires you to drive 50-hours with an adult at least 21-years old who has been driving for at least a year. Of these, 10-hours must be completed at night. Don’t forget to track your progress on a Beginning Driver Experience Log (Form DLD130).
Step Four: Get your Nevada Driver’s License!
- Are at least 16 years old
- Have held your learner’s permit for at least 6 months
- Have completed your 50 hours of behind-the-wheel training
- Have had no accidents, traffic violations, or alcohol/drug convictions within the past 6 months
You’re ready to schedule your road test with your local Nevada DMV and get your driver’s license!
Ready to get started?
If you want to take the first step to getting your driver’s license, then register for our course today!